Looking for more than just a current flood map?
Visit Search All Products to access the full range of flood risk products for your community.
About Flood Map Service Center
The FEMA Flood Map Service Center (MSC) is the official public source for flood hazard information produced in support of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Use the MSC to find your official flood map, access a range of other flood hazard products, and take advantage of tools for better understanding flood risk.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015– The Flood Map Service Center (MSC) will be deploying a release on December 12, 2015 to incorporate the look and feel of the recently FEMA.gov.
Monday, November 16th, 2015 – The Hazus team has deployed Hazus 3.0. This release contains a number of underlying software architectural changes, including:
- Migration of the current database structure away from the Personal Geodatabase (pGDB) format to SQL Server Spatial format
- Migration of all VB6 code in the Flood model to a combination of C# and .NET
- Support at the state level for both homogeneous and dasymetric state data, with dasymetric data now serving as the default for analysis
- Alignment with the Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA) tool (pushed from Task 2)
- SQL Server-compatible version of CDMS
- Repair of four major defects in block-level aggregation in the Flood and Hurricane models
Since this release will be a major version update for the Hazus software, users of any older Hazus versions will need to uninstall Hazus on their computers and install the new version, which is available for download on the Hazus page on the Map Service Center.
Browser Configuration - To access all functionality of the MSC, Internet Explorer users should confirm Compatibility View is not enabled.
In addition, users of Internet Explorer 9 and 10 should first take the following steps before using the MSC:
- Open Internet Options under the Tools Menu
- Click the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to Security and confirm the following items are checked: "Use TLS 1.1" and "Use TLS 1.2"
- Click OK to exit Internet Options